If you would like to volunteer at the Westport Dog Festival - please come to this orientation being held on Sunday, May 6th at 3pm at Panera Bread in Westport (a couple of doors down from where our adoptable cats are at Westport Petco! :))
We will be discussing the layout, different volunteer opportunities/needs, shifts we have that day (and beforehand!) rules we follow, etc - all to make it a successful and enjoyable event for all! You must attend if you plan on volunteering.
For those who don't know what the "Dog Fest" is all about - here's a quick snapshot:
- Volunteer orientation: Sunday, May 6, 2018, 2pm, Westport Panera Bread
- Festival Goody Bag Stuffing: Tuesday, May 15, 6:30pm, Westport Weston Chamber of Commerce, 41 Riverside Ave, Westport (see calendar for more details)
- Date: Sunday, May 20, 2018 (raindate: Sunday, May 27), Winslow Park Westport (downtown Westport)
- Annual all-things-dog event spearheaded by the Westport Weston Chamber of Commerce. TAILS is the lead nonprofit and is in charge of all volunteers and inviting/organizing all of the nonprofit animal welfare groups (a huge undertaking! :)) All proceeds benefit nonprofit orgs.
- Last year we had 2,600 attendees; for 2018 we are expecting north of 3,000. Dogs welcome (all leashed/vaccinated).
- We have 3 main rings: Doggie Obstacle Course Ring (Doggie Fun Zone), "Demo Ring" (all sorts of dog demonstrations - guide dogs, search & rescue, training, etc) and the "Contest Ring" (best lap sitter, most look alike-dog/owner, etc). This is in addition to 75 vendors and the Fairfield County Police K9 teams demonstrating. Take a look at the pictures (next bullet) - it's a lot of fun!
- Pictures from last year's event are on our Facebook page here.
Did I mention that TAILS is responsible for all-things volunteer? So - we would love to have your help! Please sign up and we will see you Sunday!
Thank you very much!